Soft Motor Controls Testing
When the controller is first received or GRIDview is not available for configuration use this instruction for initial soft motor controls testing using Toolkit.
In Test I/O open tab D IN follow these settings:
- X20 masterEnable ON
- X20 Track OFF
- X21 Stow OFF
- X53 enable2Motors ON (allow 2 motors to run simultaneously)
- X65 disableManualSW ON (See Note A)
To Test the Altitude or Tilt motor follow these settings:
- X26 softManual_AL ON
- X27 motorRunSoft_01 ON (to run Up – East)
- X28 motorRevSoft_01 ON (to run Down – West)
To Test the Azimuth motor follow these settings:
- X30 softManual_AZ ON
- X31 motorRunSoft_02 ON (to run East)
- X32 motorRevSoft_02 ON (to run West)
- Note: This disables the requirement that a local manual switch be wired to Terminal 5 (register X8)
- For safety reasons this will return to OFF within 5 minutes by default.
- This time can be increased to up to 240 minutes max. by modifying register AX40 disableManSWtime in tab A IN.