Switch Motor Control Testing
When the controller is first received or GRIDview is not available for configuration use this instruction for on-board motor control switch testing using Toolkit.
In Test I/O open tab D IN follow these settings:
- X20 masterEnable ON
- X20 Track OFF
- X21 Stow OFF
- X53 enable2Motors ON (allow 2 motors to run simultaneously)
- X65 disableManualSW OFF (See Note A)
To Test the Altitude or Tilt motor follow these settings:
Caution do not apply external power to any of the Analog In Terminals
See Note B for output time delay.
Wire a Switch or use a jumper wire alone to test from either terminals 26, 17 or the positive (+) side of the power supply used to power the controller to following terminals to test each motor:
- Terminal 11 (AI5) to move the Altitude or Tilts motor Up-West.
- Terminal 41 (AI6) to move the Altitude or Tilts motor Down-East.
- Terminal 12 (AI7) to move the Azimuth motor West.
- Terminal 42 (AI8) to move the Azimuth motor East.
- Note A:
If the Auto/Manual switch is wired to terminal 9 then it should be in the Open position.
- Toggling from OFF to On will set Track to ON so confirm it is OFF
- Note B:
The controller has a built in (configurable in both directions) delay of 1-5 seconds. This delays the LEDs while testing and actual motor run.
See tab A IN
- AX24 motorRevPause
- AX25 motorRunPause