Start Procedure - Click Arrow >
- Open Project with your latest version of tool kit open File / Open Project. Select the file then Open
- Serial Connection. Connect the RS232 port of your PC to the System RS232 Port B of the Tracker IPm. Most new PCs sold today may no longer have the 9 pin serial port but a serial to USB converter is readily available from your local computer store or order PN RJ45-DB9F-IPM from us.
- Use the RJ45 to RS232 converter that comes in the box with the Tracker IPm to connect an RJ45 patch cable to the RS232 Port B found on the top of the controller.
- Device / Select the radio button “Use com port”
- The only change you may need to make may be the COM number. See the drop down for all detected ports. OK
- Ethernet ConnectionTracker IPms are generally shipped with the Ethernet port configured for DHCP. If your local network requires a static IP address, then you will not be able to connect. For the initial configuration, you should determine the IP address assigned by your router by using the auto connect tool.
- To discover the IP address: Operations / Auto Detect EtherTRAK Stations
- If you are unable to easily connect to the Tracker IPm then it is highly recommended to connect by serial cable as previously described.
- To continue, close the discover box then : Device / Select. Select the radio button “Use Ethernet
- Enter the IP address. OK
Next Step: Set Operating Parameters